This post is about me being on #dechox!
I recently joined British Heart Foundation and their DECHOX action to support research.
Here is my personal Just Giving <– Click here to donate and be one of the supporters!
I really encourage you to do it! It’s a great commitment and you can help to fight heart diseases by helping to fund research!
Let’s start dechoxing together!
If you think dechoxing might be daunting, have a look on my Vegan Waffles Recipe! Sweet, but chocolatess and sugarless.
Comment down below if you are interested in chocolatefree recipes to help you survive #dechox.
I decided to make vegan waffles!. At first, I thought I will fail in making them, but surprisingly, not only that did not happen, but they came out better than non-vegan waffles! I swear they are super crispy and really tasty!
If you feel like making some, I present you a recipe that I came up with. I found many vegan waffles recipes but I wasn’t entirely sure about them. You can experiment with it as much as you want. That’s what I did. I was just following my intuition. 🙂
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour. I used white spelt.
- 4 tbsp of oil. I used rapeseed.
- 3 tbsp of vegan cream. I used Oatly and I recommend it!
- 1 tsp soda or baking powder. I used gluten free corn baking powder.
- Sweet stuff (mix and match): Xylitol, Stevia, Agave Syrup, Maple Syrup or Dates, it is entirely up to you. I used Stevia and Agave Syrup.
- Water. You need to be careful with it. Add as much water as you need, the dough should be thicker than a pancake dough, but not too thick.
- Add some seeds, if you want. I added chia.
Tip. You can also add a mashed banana. If I had one, I would do that 🙂
Mix it all together. As I mentioned earlier, the dough should be thicker than a pancake one but not too much.
Fry this in a waffle maker for about 5 minutes. Take a peek now and then to make them just the way you like them.
And you’re done!
They are extremely easy and tasty. We had them with sugar-free apricot jam and Choc-Shot by Sweet Freedom.
Thanks for reading. Please follow my Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for more updates on noms like this!
Let me know about your experience 😉
FARMDROP DISCOUNT 🙂