So, I’ve visited Gothenburg this easter, and I liked it enough that think I could live there – a quiet city surrounded by beautiful nature.
I’m going to list a few things I liked and maybe make you want to visit Gothenburg one day, too?
– Having visited Delsjöområdet, a local (huge) park on a quiet Sunday morning, almost everyone was running. As a runner myself I was excited to see so many people of all ages so active!
-Breakfast at the lovely hotel. Cosy atmosphere, quiet people who put the chairs back when finished.
-No one was shouting on the streets. It may come off as a weird statement, but coming from London, it’s a change. For people who visited London – have you ever noticed it?
-Not a heavy drinking culture. It is absolutely amazing.
-Fresh Air. Once again, Londoner in me can’t help but point out. Was close to taking a jar of air with me.
-Food, I had smoked salmon at the Cafe on Vrango – a southmost island on the Gothenburg archipelago and it was great. Overall healthy choices almost everywhere, loads of gluten free stuff too. Yay!
-People. Reserved but really friendly, no awkwardness, no small talk.
-Scandinavian skincare… I bought too much. My mum said that Lumene hydrating serum is better than the one she had from Clinique. Another good reason to ditch big companies who test on animals.
As for the pictures – I’ve taken them with my iPhone 6s, I wanted to do a small experiment and didn’t bring my camera with me. Tell me what you think about them!
Are you wondering how to prepare for the weather in the early April? I regretted not taking my timberlands… Unless you won’t be hiking 🙂
Things to take with you, if you plan to visit nature parks:
- A good pair of gloves. We took cycling gloves as we were planning to cycle.
- Seriously, take timberlands. But I recommend a lighter version, I have them and they are great!
- Comfortable and warm outwear. Thankfully I took my parka with me, but I really want to buy this one Fjällräven Keb Padded Insulated Jacket
- Backpack! I adore the Kanken, and it’s waterproof! They’re on sale now, I might get another one.
Disclaimer: I put affiliate links on this blog, but I recommend things that I feel are great and worth buying.
How do you like the photos? Have you ever been to Sweden?