Previously I published a recipe for the Vegan Tomato Soup with Black Cumin, and I thought it would be useful for you guys if I also share the health benefits of black cumin overall!
Let’s introduce these little guys to you.
Black Cumin (Latin: Nigella sativa L.) has its roots in North-Eastern Europe and Western Asia where it was widely used as medicine. In Middle Ages, it was believed that black cumin can cure everything excepting death.
The scientific research has proven that Black Cumin has phenomenal health benefits.
- Antibacterial Properties and Antifungal Properties. It has been proven that Nigella sativa is effective in fighting Staphylococcus Aureus and Candida Albicans.
- A cure for Depression. The research has shown that Black Cumin has positive impact on central nervous system, adding it to your meals every day can help with improving your overall well-being
- Antihistamine Properties. The research has demonstrated that black seeds have a miraculous effect on hay fever, and it is free from common antihistamine meds side effects, like drowsiness and fatigue.
- Antihypertensive. It has been proved that black seeds have stronger activity than many antihypertensive drugs.
- A cure for Asthma. 29 people took part in 3-months research. 14 were given a placebo, and 15 were given Black Cumin extract. Asthma symptoms started decreasing in the second group after 2 months.
- A cure for Atopic Dermatitis. It has been proven that oil from black seeds has an enormous impact on this disease. I can relate to that, as my fiancee has that problem and black cumin oil really helped! We spent a lot of money on pharmaceuticals, but black cumin oil was the only thing that really helped.
- Anti Acne. As I mentioned before, it has antibacterial properties, and it is an excellent acne cure. It fights the bacteria but it doesn’t dry the skin.
- Help in Psoriasis. The research has shown that black cumin oil and black cumin seeds extract has a beneficial impact on psoriasis, however, following the research and my own observation it looks like it is impossible to cure psoriasis completely.
- Anti Dandruff. I really don’t need a research paper to completely agree with that. I had a horrible greasy dandruff, I tried everything, nothing helped. My mum suggested black cumin oil, it was gone after two weeks. I was using it every third day.
I could go on and on about all the benefits, and I think that it goes without saying that black cumin oil and seeds have a never ending list of them. I have chosen ones I feel are the most sought when it comes to ‘superfoods’. Oh, forgot to add weight loss…
I have listed my resources down below, and I encourage you to have a look at them, as you can find more details about that miraculous plant.
How to ‘smuggle’ black seeds and make them your every day must eat.
-Add them to cream soups, like here Vegan Tomato Soup with Black Cumin Seeds.
-Sprinkle on your sandwiches
-Use Black Cumin Oil in salads, tastes so great!
-Like to bake bread? Add some of it!
Buy Black Cumin Here
That’s what I do. Do you have any other ideas how to use Black Cumin seeds or oil? Please comment below!